WHAT TO WEAR:
Performance attire and professional hair/makeup are encouraged, but certainly not required. Black attire does disappear into the background a bit, but if the black material has some shine to it, it may still work well enough. If you’re needing help, we’re holding a FREE Costume Collaboration Party on June 15th from 7-9PM. If you’re unable to attend the Party, please feel free to Contact Us with any costuming/attire questions you may have.
HOW TO PREPARE:
- You’ll want to pick a song and start preparing a routine as soon as possible
- We suggest ordering your performance attire as soon as possible, as well, as many dance wear companies are known to take as long as 30 days to prepare and ship outfits.
- Private choreography lessons are highly encouraged, as they will help you feel more adequately prepared and will help your routine be the best it can be. Many Cirque Asylum instructors are available for private lessons. Feel free to ask them for pricing and package options before or after class
- The more you practice your routine, the more it will show. Spend time working out the fine details. Practice often, but be sure to allow some rest time for recuperation. Fatigued practice isn’t helpful or safe.
- Plan on showing up early so you have time to warm up and mentally prepare before your shoot.
- After signing up, more tips, tricks, and details will be sent to you via email.
Example video on Aerial Hammock
EXAMPLE OF BLACK OUTFIT ON BLACK BACKGROUND
ADDITIONAL EXAMPLE: CIRQUE ASYLUM STUDENT ON AERIAL SILKS – VIDEO WAS SHOT IN DIFFERENT LOCATION, BUT GENERAL AESTHETICS WILL BE SIMILAR
Customer Service Hours
Mon-Fri: 10AM - 9PM
Sat-Sun: 10AM - 2PM
Text: (385) 265-2477